Monday, May 27, 2013

Boating Adventure: Memorial Day Weekend 2013


Memorial Day weekend was spent with our family of four and some new friends in Hawaii. My heart was singing and dancing all over the place after we were invited to tour Kaneohe Bay on a boat with my babies and husband. My babes have never been on a boat before and I knew this was going to be a life experience we could not turn down. Teilani has no fear of the water and like I imagined, she jumped fearlessly straight into the ocean once we anchored off the bay, and didn't stop swimming until we made her get out and eat lunch. You may remember the rule: Eat first, then rest or else you'll get a cramp! Personally, I hated this rule. But that didn't stop me from making her abide by the wise old tale. Like myself as a child, my little mermaid was squirming to get back into the water and couldn't stand waiting. Five minutes after she finished her lunch (literally) she was snoring on the boat deck and inevitably missed the last of our boat experience. "We'll have another opportunity, be grateful for the time you had" is what I had to repeat to her a handful of times.


Jeyes has been more timid of open water. He clings to me and doesn't want to be let down unless I or Daddy is right by his side. We can't complain too much. After all the horrible stories I've heard pertaining to kid drownings,  I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to my brave boy's safety near water. My plan is to enroll both kids in swimming lesson's ASAP if not before/after we settle permanently into a home in Hawaii. Both my sister and I took lesson's when we were younger and I really believe it help build our confidence and everlasting life skills we still use to this day. We never experienced waves like the one's I saw today. Which makes my decision to introduce them to water-skills training even more important than ever. 


Dear Keiki's: 

Watching your feet hit the ocean floor, smelling the salt water, absorbing the sun's warmth, fills my soul with immense love. There is still so much for us to learn on this island. I hope after today you remember this exposure and it last's forever in your heart. We are learning and growing as if I were the same age as you. Which is totally awesome! I see things and it's like I can feel the way you see it through your eyes. What a cool thing! I believe we were brought here together as part of God's plan in our families legacy. As always, I pray everyday and night that he guide's us to our destiny and provides me with the strength and wisdom I need to develop you into strong and independent adults. Thank you for loving me so completely. I can't wait to have more fun with you. 

Alofa Always, 

Mommy Tasia 

No comments:

Post a Comment