Sunday, May 12, 2013

Four Birthday Love Letter to Teilani

Dear Teilani:

My Reno, NV girl. Everywhere we go someone somewhere tells you how beautiful you are. But do you really understand what beauty means? Beauty runs deep in your heart and in your actions. You are sensitive just like me. I see the way you care for Jeyes and worry about his safety and that makes me proud. Your not always beaming with excitement about having a two year old boy as your best friend but when I see you two together, playing peacefully, enjoying each other's company it reassures me that the future siblings I am raising have a bond that can never be broken. Sometimes I can be too hard on you and expect too much. I know that. But, after all, I know what it takes to be a big sister and maybe just maybe we can relate to one another more in the future. I try to think of questions you will have about our time spent together during your childhood and I hope that you will always know there are no secrets between us and I will always do my best to provide you with answers. 

In all our travel and since your birth, you are the calm presence in chaos. I could be flying off the handle on the verge of an anxiety driven breakdown and you just tell me - "Calm down, everything is ok". 




























Some things I love about you: 

Your favorite color varies every day. Today was pink, yesterday purple. Those are my favorite's too. 

Princess Dolls are a necessity and accessory. They go everywhere and everywhere in your zebra basket or diaper bag from when you were a baby. Which leads me to...

Purses. You are a girly girl and we are completely fine with that. 

Blue Eye shadow. Daddy and I agree you do NOT need it but you love to wear it and think it makes you look pretty for daddy. <-- He IS your prince charming after all... (But he quotes the Macklemore song every time..."The greatest lie the devil ever sold us, was convincing women they look better in their makeup")

Power Rangers, Iron Man, Avenger's & Winks Fairies. These are your most loved shows... for now.


Milkshakes aka Pediasure nutrition supplement. You are allowed two a day because without a limit you would drink us under the table.

The Ocean. You have no fear and dive in without a care in the world. 

Time is absolutely slipping through my fingers. Every day that passes I think of more and more things I want to tell the future "you"... Writing about my love for you, all the things that make you so unique, and how much you have changed my personal identity since your birth gives me strength to face the challenges of motherhood. Keep on soaring through this world fearless and strong-spirited. 

Happy Fourth Birthday!

I love you, my baby girl...

Alofa Always, Mommy Tasia 

1 comment: