Tuesday, October 1, 2013

First Month Diabete's diet: Done & Done

Note to self: Stop thinking you are the last one on earth to realize you need to get on a diet or your going to die. Ok, maybe you are... but, probably not. First and foremost; Food and water logging has been an excellent step to take when trying to manage my calorie intake for the day. Sometime's I forget what I ate for breakfast so logging right away is best. 

If you want to know the truth, I've found a great support group through my fitness pal app. Not everyone log's their food or exercise -- and you don't have to. Being able to look at the food your buddies are eating helps me create a variety of snack's/meals to get through the day. I like variety. I love flavor. And I get bored easily with the same meals. For as long as I can remember, diet's have not been considered highly favorable within those categories in my social circle. So, I give myself a break every now and then. Allow a bite of a candy bar. The first! Because that's the best. Or splurge on pancakes for breakfast and hope I have energy to walk off the extra carbohydrates before bed. It's important to forgive myself for wanting to eat or drink bad things. We are human and we find comfort and love through doing both. Right?

What I love most about the past two weeks has been the discover of black chia seeds. There are a multitude of ways you can incoroport them into any diet. A superfood that give you super energy and well, speeds up digestion. Win!

One way to use the seeds -

How to make chia gel: Soak whatever amount you want of seeds in water just enough to cover them completely. Add more water if you want it thinner or less dense. Stir and place leftovers in fridge for day. Toss any extra you don't use after that. 

Remember: You can also use the seeds dry in just about anything you prefer. Don't go overboard but get creative. Sprinkle it on top of your favorite salsa or on top of your sandwich bread.(in sandwiches is my favorite) 

On toast, in any juice or water, sipped from the spoon, let your imagination lead the way! 

Feeling and staying fuller longer has been helping me get through the day without any sudden binge eating. I found a hearty amount of black chia seeds at our local Costco. Now, it's not like a magic sprinkle that will shrink every stretch mark on your body, or bring you euphoria after each bite. Not the case. Rather a progressive feeling that if you stay on track with your snacks handy, you are not going to die. Well... maybe you would want to consider if your a diabetic and your sugar drops low...

Anyways.

When the hunger cravings start and you want to grab whatever is in sight, think of this -  if you keep planned snacks lined up and are getting nutrition through a multi-vitamin or somewhere in your diet, then all will be okay. Just chill. Think of something different. You already had to think about when and what you were going to eat today. That is enough. Eat a snack and feel better. One day at a time. 

And well... here is the reason I get any computer work done. He is sooo dreamy when he sleeps. 



My plea... if you want to join me in my journey of self-help and love. Please, feel free to drop a comment on this blog. Or send me an email. Call/Text. Whatever you need, I am here for you and will accept any love and guidance you have for me. My fitness pal Facebook page is here. Where I'm tracking food/water/exercise intake. My username is: tasiamurrieta. Clever, I know. Do you use another way to log food intake and exercise? Let me know and let's do this together! I need your inspiration and motivation to keep going. Diabetes sucks. Friends rule. 

Mahalo & Aloha!

Tasia

No comments:

Post a Comment