Saturday, August 31, 2013

Las Vegas Sullivan Wedding



Let me start this Vegas wedding adventure by clearing up any misconception's out there by saying "I am not a professional photographer". Now that I have a fancy camera, I have found more love for photography and this blog helps me express that with my readers. There are many professional photographer's that I follow and admire in the social networking world. They inspire me to take better pictures and keep me motivated to always do my best. Their dedication to this fine art inspires my heart.  

Phew... Now that I got that out, I feel like I can share our Las Vegas adventure and photo's I captured along the way. I hope you enjoy as much as I do. 



I was beyond honored to stand beside this beautiful bride as she wed her true love in Las Vegas. I'll tell you I wasn't nervous for our trip to the mainland but that would be a lie. Traveling with little ones can be hectic, but well worth it once you've reached your destination and continue the memory making process. Could it have been my nerves that caused an allergic reaction the day before the wedding? was it dayquil? I honestly do not know. My face blew up. Like, literally. Throat, tongue, eyes and lips. I broke out in hives from the neck down and in true LV experience fashion made a trip to the ER where they pumped me full of epinepherine, saline, benadryl and prednisone. I missed the bachelorette night before the wedding because of this episode and tried my best to get the swelling down before pictures. Thankfully, by the next day I was a little less scary and with the help of a professional (and lots of encouragement from my family) I was back in the game.  I'm working with my doctor on getting my health back to normal. Not a ton of great news this week. Also, not the worse... more on that in a later post...

For now, I want to share intimate moments I was witness to while the bride was getting ready for her big day. The lighting in the room was perfect. I had my camera handy so I shot some pictures (with permission) of the talented Annika at Once upon a primer glamorizing Mrs. soon to be Sullivan. This amazing beauty professional is located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Along with the bride, I trusted her with my make-up on this same day. Her soft-spoken voice and gentle encouragement was exactly what I needed to rock some smokey eye and red lipstick. Big thanks to Annika for helping myself and most importantly my dear friend, the bride feel beautiful on her wedding day.  


Have a big night out in LV? Need a professional to hook you up in the beauty department? Another link to Annika's Facebook fan page can be found here

Annika - you were so wonderful! Thank you, again! 
One of my favorite iphone photo's of the flower girls 
A very handsome barefoot ring bearer  on the dance floor
First dance as Mr. & Mrs. J. Sullivan
The bouquet toss winner was my Sister :) She looks excited don't you think? 
Now that we are back on O'ahu from our Arizona Summer Adventure and Sullivan Wedding, real life feels like it is finally beginning for us on the island. Teilani started Hula last week and this coming week she starts pre-school. While I am excited to get into a normal routine, I will admit that I sort of like chaos and more than that LOVE to travel with my family by my side. If only those plane ticket's were more affordable... Oh, the places we would/will go! 

Thank you, Sullivan's for sharing your wedding day with my family. Thank you especially for helping me feel comfortable while I was down and swollen on your couch. I value our friendship more than words can express. God Bless you both! 

Aloha,

Tasia


No comments:

Post a Comment