Friday, September 13, 2013

More Dress-Up Less Housework


She's four years young and still loves to play dress-up. While Jeyes was napping this week, Teilani asked me to help her put on her princess dress. How could I say, no? It's ratted and her favorite. We've had it for more than two years. Lasting through many washes and tons of play-dates. Needless to say, this pink beauty is on it's way to donation. Or the trash. For all the memories created this has been $10 well spent on 2011's halloween costume if you ask me. 

I grabbed my camera after she was dressed and snapped these photo's. Never wanting to wait until they are uploaded to the computer, we skimmed through the photo viewer on my camera together and picked out our favorites which I'm sharing with you. Twirling and posing, I watched her grow up before my eyes. I want to lock this moment and moments like this in my brain forever. 


The innocent silliness that lives in my girl reminds me to take a break and slow the hell down. Make more time to play dress-up, read fairytales, and play barbies. Laundry and dishes will always be there. This won't last long... 

Next time I blink - I'll be helping her shop for prom dresses and wishing I could rewind time back to the days when life wasn't as serious. They tell you - big kids bigger problems. I hope that's not true. But for now, I'll sit in this moment and enjoy all that is true. Which is, she is four. And I am her "favoritest mommy in the whole world"..."daddy's going to think I'm so pretty in my dress". 

I love you, Teilani Marie. I'll never stop loving every frill of your beautiful soul. 

Love,  Mommy Tasia 

No comments:

Post a Comment