Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Jeyes Jaxon's September Love Letter


Dear Jeyes Jaxon:

I've yet to decide if I'm ready to part ways with your beautiful curls. Many encourage us to leave your hair alone, but, I cannot handle anyone mistaking you for a girl. You are ALL boy. I am so proud to call you my son. Those locks of yours love Hawaii's environment and so does your skin. We barely use lotion on your dry skin anymore. Now is the healthiest it has ever been. That makes me happy. We need to get you a dentist appointment soon for your pearly whites. You love your "shake-ups" (Pedia Sure) and although they are good for your tiny body, I fear they have taken a toll on your teeth. Just how in the world am I going to get you to cut back on these things? I have to add that the smile those drinks put on your face brings me the greatest joy. You'll lean in close to my face and say "peese shake up mama" and kiss me. So smart you are! One day I'll learn to stop giving into your charm... one day...


What I see when I look at you is everything I ever dreamed of in raising a boy. Your brown skin has turned two shades darker since we've been in Hawaii. You receive many compliments on it's coloration. And I am always flattered to admit you are part polynesian. I hope that one day you will understand (and not let it get to your head) just how gorgeous you are from the inside-out. I won't pretend for a minute that your not always my happy little soldier. And sometime's you throw the nastiest fits over tiny things like whether or not the lights in the house should be on or off. Sheesh - I thought I was picky. Having a firm sense of what you want is a great quality. Never let anyone tell you what you want is wrong. Maybe it isn't right at the time but you are always entitled to your opinion and I encourage you to speak up and let it out. 


These past weeks I could tell you have been needing more interaction with other kids. Wanting so desperately to do be involved in whatever your sister is doing - I sent you to pre-school with her two weeks ago and you have done great! I am so proud of you! I'll admit I have been very worried you wouldn't be nice to other kids or cry wondering why I left you. Twice a week while you and sister are at school, I get a 2.5 hour allowance to which I have been focusing on exercise and tending to anything that needs my attention most in and outside of our home. This time has been very healthy for my psyche and stress level, allowing me to be a better mother which you 100% deserve. While I am away from you, I never stop worrying or wondering if you are safe. When you think back to why I sent you to school so soon, never think it was because I didn't want to spend time with you. I want for you to be strong, independent, and learn to build friendship's without me hovering over your shoulder. I promise you, my son, this break from each other has made us appreciate all the time we are blessed to spend together. 

Thank you for loving me so passionately. I love you, now, tomorrow, and forever. 

Love, 

Mommy Tasia 



No comments:

Post a Comment