Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Week 2 Diabetes Diet: Thank You for the LOVE


It's been a week since I started my diabetes diet. Food. Food. Food. Is what bounces around in my brain all day long. Which is a good thing compared to when I would grab handful's of tortilla chips without a care in the world and dip them in fatty spinach artichoke dip. I really love to dip. And I super love tortilla chips. We will meet again old friends of mine...

After I posted last week, I continue to be humbled by the amount of support shown by my friends and family. I know I have more than enough cheering me on, keeping me positive and full of ideas for exercise and meals. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart! I won't let you down and I WILL pay the love forward.

I vaguely remember how hard it was being pregnant with Teilani while I was on this diet in 2009 with gestational diabetes. What I remember most was always being hungry. Most of it was normal pregnancy cravings and the rest was my inner emotional eater freaking out because I was about to be a mother. Funny how emotions will make you turn to food for comfort. Besides missing Mcdonald's crap food and those yumm tortilla chips I mentioned, my meals are starting to make me feel better. If I am late for a snack my blood sugar crashes and I feel sick to my stomach, like I will faint if I don't inhale every carb in the house right at that moment. I chug a ton of water, have a seat, and eat a normal snack. After 10 minutes or so, all is well again. Keeping on time with snacks and meals has been most important.



Let's be friends through MyFitnessApp! We can track our meals and exercises together. Write inspirational or funny tidbits on how we stay on our game plan. All of my information is public so feel free to take a peek anytime and give me tips (if your feeling super awesome) on how I'm doing. My username is: tasiamurrieta.




All of the meal planning, errands, routine stuff inside my home can stress me out to no end. Forcing myself to take walks, get out of the house, notice beautiful things surrounding me has been very therapeutic. Then sharing it with you makes me even happier. And I really hope it makes you happy, too.



Teilani and Jeyes know Mom can't have sugar and they have been forced to be on the diet with me. Though not as strict as I am with myself they must eat at least one bite of vegetables with their dinner and whatever meat we are eating they eat that too. I might have also had my nutritionist tell them they can only have TWO "milkshakes" (they could guzzle up to four) a day. HA! I'm looking at this lifestyle change as the greatest blessing for my family. By week three I hope to have a post up about some of the meals that have been incorporated into my diet. My hope is that it blesses you and helps make your meal planning easier. And you maybe you might even have some idea's on where I can show improvement.

Mahalo for all the outstanding support!

Aloha,

Tasia

No comments:

Post a Comment