Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012: Tradition, Food, & Tons of LOVE

Been an exciting few days in the Murrieta household since the last post.... to catch you up, I'll start with Christmas morning where J started a sweet tradition of bringing me flowers! I was missing loved ones and everyone could sense it...  Tasia is loved. 


This was Christmas Eve Night -- our little man refusing bed time and showering Dad with kisses. No complaints. Except, we (J & I) didn't go to bed until 2am because of this. Sleep is overrated. 


I'm hoping this doesn't become a tradition. Breathing treatment's for two -- sharing germs means we share medicine, too. 


Before Teilani went upstairs on Christmas Eve, we set out Santa's favorite cookie (Mint Oreo's) & Milk. Oh, you didn't know? Yep, it's his favorite. When she woke up, she went straight to the cookie plate and was excited to see he ate them ALL and washed 'em down with some milk. Good Boy, Santa!! Well done. 

My Mom (I mean, Santa) used to write out a letter each Christmas Eve... I remember being so excited to read it and see that he had ACTUALLY visited our house. So it brings me even greater joy to pass this tradition on to the kids. 


I wanted to capture their faces after seeing the presents wrapped and stockings stuffed. Could only get a few pictures. Darn! After all our hard work the night before - assembling, wrapping, sweating & laughing. I felt it was necessary to document through photo memory how loved and exciting this day was planned out to be. Most of the gifts were from family all around the world, sent to our CA headquarters before the big day. We are so blessed by you all! The extra's really made our day, special! 

             



























While everyone was playing and cleaning up, I was busy in the kitchen making our breakfast -- Quiche! It's my favorite to make these days and really easy... aside from breakfast nachos... which I made the following morning with the leftover Turkey. Sooo good! I might post the recipe later but it's really quite simple and everything you would put on a steamy nacho plate, plus, the scrambled eggs. (Don't forget those!) 




Christmas Dinner was All-American! In the future, I hope to incorporate more of our cultural foods and explain how important they are in me and Jarrod's identity. For now, we are American in our food culture to the core and this is it --  Featuring a 15 lb. turkey, gravy, vegetables, deviled eggs, stuffing, cranberry sauce and grinch/andies cookies. Had to try the Andes cookie recipe from Pinterest! My Grandma Judy has been stuffing my presents full of Andes' mints every year since I was a little girl. They are my favorite so I guess you could say I was feeling nostalgic and missing past Christmases in Washington. 

Breakfast Nachos with Turkey
Deviled Eggs

Grinch/Andes Cookies






More snaps of the kids opening presents below...  Who can spot the Daddyrazzi in the background taking video? Ha! He loves photo memory, too! 





















Watch out world -- here comes Jeyes Jaxon on his Schwinn









Doc Murrieta to the rescue
Lip gloss -- YUMM




Next year we are ponytailing the hair to get more expressions from Teilani. Classic. Love. 
Unwrapping the train table. They could not wait to start playing. Teilani had to touch every piece before she grabbed her dolls and went to town. 


Endless hours of trains, trucks and doll adventure's 

Princess Cindy meets the table and receives a gorgeous hat 

Asleep in Dad's arms. 19 months of LOVE

A Gift from Jarrod, Teilani & Jeyes this Christmas -- Mother & Child -- So special and one I will wear and cherish forever and always...below is one of my favorite poems I found on pinterest after Jeyes was born. I think of it whenever I look at this necklace.

They know me in a way no one ever has
They open me to things I never knew existed
They drive me to insanity and push me to my depths
They are the beat in my heart, the pulse in my veins, and the energy in my soul.
They are my kids. - Anonymous 

I hope everyone enjoyed Christmas with the ones they love this year! Yep, only a few more days until a NEW YEAR! Get ready my beloved readers... I have too many post's in mind as well as a re-design on the bloggy blog. I am looking so forward to a new beginning and more opportunites to stay connected to YOU. 

Love, Tasia





No comments:

Post a Comment