Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Preschool and beyond: A love letter for my baby girl

Dear Teilani Marie:

I'm writing you this letter because I love you. Not a day goes by I don't think about the woman you will eventually become and the choices you will inevitably make in life. "Mom guilt" has been consuming me lately and I feel as if I failed, miserably, in documenting our time spent with you before life as a big sister. 

Our Last pic as a family of THREE. A few weeks before Jeyes was born we went bowling at Suncoast in LV, NV for the Johnson's baby girl Jada's birthday. You LOVED it. 

 I cherish this pic simply because of our bond. You were STILL nursing at this point. WOW!

 Hugging the giant bear at your first dentist appointment. No cavities! Wahoo!

 You have always loved these little dolls. Still, at age three they are your "besties" 

 Wow pregger belly! We were all about the belly kisses XOXO

 Co-sleeping with a big belly. That's how we rolled. You are my angel. 


Photo memory will be our main source of supply when it comes to recalling that precious time before baby brother's arrival. This world we live in is scary. Bat. Shit. Crazy. Yea, I said shit. You're three and if you hear anyone say a "bad word" you are the first to correct and let them know that's it's a bad choice. Dad and I have potty mouths. We are not proud of it, but it is what it is and we are working on it. You got it? Good. Okay... So back to my love letter... A few days ago, a boy walked into an elementary school in Connecticut and killed 20 innocent and helpless babies, 6 brave teachers and forever changed our society and how we view things like gun control, safety in our public schools, bullying, violence, everything down to whether or not the pledge of allegiance should be said before class. Craziness! This act has my wheel's spinning out of control. How could this happen? This boy and his parents needed help. Please, do NOT fall victim to this depression. Stay STRONG and WISE against the "bad people" in this world.

For three years we have tried our best to keep you sheltered from the evil and nonsense that lurks in our school system. A few months ago, we (Teilani, Jeyes & Mom) started a Parent 'n me class at our recreation center in Temecula. Every Thursday for and hour and a half we show up early to help Ms. Jessica set up chairs (because she is pregnant with her 4th - and absolutely glowing I might add), we socialize with our friends, then clean up the mess, make a fun craft and then grab some mat's, our yummy packed snacks - and proceed to snuggle up with our friends for story time. Thankfully, it's never a long story because Jeyes is always ready to move onto Red light Green light and the parachute. You hold hands with V & A nearly the entire time. It melts me. Friends are GOOD to have and I hope you continue to make and keep friendships in the upcoming years. 

THE PARACHUTE 

 "My name is Teilani and I am Ariel" -- Halloween 2012

 Parachute FUN

 The most prized toy, motorcycle. Scooting along with your girl A


In January, I signed you up for a preschool class called "Tiny tots" at the same place we do our Thursday class, with A and her Mommy. Monday & Wednesday -- I will hand you over to Ms. Kathy for an hour and a half. In hopes of building more social, storytelling and music fun. 

I must say this, after the incident that happened in Connecticut last week, I'm left wondering if my decision was really worth it. Would you benefit more in my protection and under my supervision? How well do I trust Ms. Kathy? Who are the other students and what is their home-life like? My mind is racing and my heart aches for the family's that won't get to hold their babies anymore because of a wreck-less kid and a life-altering decision. 

I'm confident you will flourish and do exceptionally well in this class, but the mother in me will always worry. Always. So our routine in January will change and I know you will be changing by leaps and bounds with every class you attend. Please my baby girl, stop growing up! Mommy loves you and is SO proud of you. XOXO'S - Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment