Monday, June 3, 2013

Expecting The Unexpected

Last week I was a bundle of nerves. Work was busy for Daddy J and emotions were running high between the two of us. I never want to sugar coat our marriage and fool anyone into believing we are perfect. We have our arguements and are both very stubborn in our beliefs. The anticipation of his interview on Friday had my anxiety sky high. And his, too. Although I can never tell. He is THAT good at faking until we make it. There I was, Friday morning, flipping back and fourth from one social media site to another, playing dolls with Teilani and cars with Jeyes, all at the same time. Yes, I am a multi-tasker and very capable of doing all of these things. Then the call came in from Daddy J and I lost it. We are officially moving to Hawaii! I called my Mom right after to share the news and bawled my eyes out.  She was very confused until I whimpered, "happy tears, I'm crazy and just so relieved". As soon as we got Daddy back to the hotel, I snapped this crappily pixilated photo to share with my beloved readers. Can you see the excitement on our faces? Hard-work, commitment, support and love has carried us to this next chapter in our life. I am so proud of my husband! We continue to celebrate the power of Family. 



With the green light in place, we set our weekend plans to tackling house hunting. We've been through this before so this time (our fourth move with his company) should be a breeze. Or so I am praying. I want our kids to be exposed to as much culture and  unique experiences as possible. No matter where we are located on Oahu, we are certain to make those efforts for our families legacy. The search can be time consuming and stressful. So many pros and cons can be made for each home we visit. Our number one goal is to seek comfort and peace and safety. Oh yea, and meet our budget.

Perhaps the most challenge of all is harnessing the expectation of finding the perfect home. Harnessing my emotions of expecting the unexpected. While I was jumping back and fourth from Facebook and Pinterest, I found this quote and it hit "home" for me. That Shakespeare was quite the guy! I could learn a few things from his writing. I edited the quote over a pic I took from our house hunting break at the beach because it reminds me of the heartache that inevitably brought us to our destiny. And to keep the faith and focus on these two precious babies. 



So think of us while we are riding the waves of this transition from hotel to HOME during the next month. Our kitchen supplies are limited, space is tight, but the love is flourishing. If you have any tips & tricks to achieving the most comfortable stay in a hotel, I would kindly appreciate your love and support. 

Alofa, 

Tasia 

No comments:

Post a Comment