Monday, June 10, 2013

Exploring Oahu: Our First Dole Plantation Experience



Since I was a kid, I have always LOVED pineapple's. The look, taste, appearance, way it relates to polynesian culture. All of it. Perhaps that is why I chose to pair Pineapple's with Motherhood and my extraordinary love for photography in this blog?! Anywho... Last week, while Daddy J was in Oklahoma City we had access to his work vehicle. The days can be long when you are trapped in a hotel room.  And I am struggling to find healthy interactive tools to keep my kids tiny minds stimulated without overloading them with technology. They both LOVE trains. They both LOVE an exciting adventure.  Mommy LOVE'S pineapple's. So I researched budget friendly activitia for families on Oahu and low and behold the Dole Plantation was one of the top Ten. First thing in the morning, we were Wahiawa, HI bound... 

As soon as we arrived I was stunned at the landscaping presentation. Pineapple's everywhere! The Dole Plantation presents the warmest feeling pulling into the parking lot -  I couldn't wait to get the kids out of the car and start exploring! We went straight to the ticket booth and bought a train & maze ticket. Jeyes was free so I only paid for myself and Teilani. Booyah! The garden was closed (boo!) Another reason to make a second trip!

Here are some photo's of our trip... Hope you enjoy!







I learned a ton from the Pineapple Express. And you will too!  After the train ride was over we headed over to the fish hatchery to feed them a handful's of pellets. Boy were they hungry! Not sure why, I think everyone that finishes the train ride does the same. They must be the best fed!

Then we ate some world famous Dole Whip! (Pineapple Ice Cream) All I can say is, YUM! Most refreshing treat on a hot day. The maze was last on our trip list. I didn't quite understand why an employee told me I was brave for taking both kids inside until it was too late. One secret cut-out after another had my head spinning every which way. Teilani would run one way and Jeyes the other. Yikes! Needless to say, that experience didn't last long and there were no documented pictures. I scooped them up kicking and screaming and headed back to the car. Phew... Luckily, no one was lost and moods were back to normal after I reminded them how much fun we had and that we will be back soon. 




Keiki's:

Last week was a magical experience for me. We made it through a week without Daddy and some exciting adventure's around the island. I love to watch the thrill on your face's when we experience these first's. To top it off, when you remind me about the detail's of our adventure I get a bit teary. When you see a pineapple or a train - I hope it will forever remind you how much I love you. I'll never stop.

Alofa Always, 

Mommy Tasia

No comments:

Post a Comment